Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My first experience with sewing machine

Went to Xue Ni's house on Sunday to learn sewing from her mom.
It was our first sewing project is sew a yukata!

LOL~ I didn't manage to take the pictures of the process as i was too busy with the clothes that are assigned to me. So we start from drawing the pattern to the sewing of every pattern together. We started our project at 5++ pm and I ended up staying at her place till 11pm and have only completed the clothes. (^^" belt excluded due to time constraint)

The next day, after i got back from school, i quickly set up my mom's sewing machine using the "trial and error" method. I have faced some problem during the first 2 hours as the thread kept trapping after first round of sewing... Sigh~
And after much struggling, I finally found my way!!

So i manage to complete it with the belt. (but the belt is still not complete)

So here is my hard work. (^^ Xue Ni's mom helped me with the collar and the rim at the sleeve end, was hard for me as a newbie and time was running out. Really want to thank her alot)

Instead of Japanese Costume, it now looked
more like Chinese Costume. ^^

I made some modication to make the belt more Chinese Looking~


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you really a newbie in sewing? Doesn't look like for the costume that you had sew for your doll