Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tree in Ngee Ann Polytechnic

If you have been going back to school during the holidays, you might have noticed that some tree are cut down till they are bare. One of my friends even comment that it looks like their limbs getting cut off..


You can find these bare trees at the school bus stop, the stairway to the library, the bridges near the basket ball court and lastly the white shelter way area toward canteen 2.


I have been reporting to school regularly thus I notice that these tree are growing at a shocking rate.


Here a shot of the tree next to the Stairway. The first time I saw it, there was not even a single leaves on the branches. Picture below was taken 3 weeks after that and look how much it had grown.. [note:pic taken on 28th Sept]

Whenever I look at the the growth of these cut down tree, it bring me joy and peace. You might be shock to see the tree appearance when school reopen..

Campaign of the day:
SAVE THE TREES, STOP DEFORESTATION!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have youe school do to those poor trees? btw do you know what tree is it?

Anonymous said...

TO pinky:

It's a samanea saman, also known as the rain tree.